Wednesday, February 13, 2019

CANYONEERING AT KAWASAN FALLS, BADIAN, CEBU

October 14, 2018
MABUHAY!
This is a photo and video journal of my travel adventure in Badian, Cebu featuring my canyoneering experience at Kawasan Falls.

GETTING THERE
It was a damp Sunday morning at 4am, I received a text message from my friend who is now waiting below in front of the hotel where I am checked in. We will be on a motorbike road trip to Kawasan Falls.
Kawasan falls is around 4 hour drive from Mactan International Airport.

At Badian Public Market, local folks enjoy noodle soup, coffee, and bread for breakfast.

There are food stalls serving various rice meals for breakfast also.

REGISTRATION AND FEES
My canyoneering tour guide, Rannel, told me that the Kawasan falls canyoneering adventure price package fee is Php 1500. He is a trained and licensed canyoneering tour guide. This package includes:
1. Motorbike ride to the registration area and back to the Badian Public Market.
2. Rent of safety gear such as a helmet for head protection and a life vest. Rent for shoes is separate.
3. Fee for the tour guide.
4. Your tour guide will also act as your photographer, just make sure that your camera is waterproof and has a floater in case it slipped from your hand.


The registration area


Book CHEAP FLIGHTS to Mactan-Cebu International Airport and discover the magnificent city of Cebu. 
Click this link for👉👉👉Popular things to do in Cebu City



SAFETY GEARS
The rent for sneakers is Php 50
There are a lot of stalls that offer rentable canyoneering safety gear like a life vest, hard hat, and sneakers. Flip flops or rubber sandals are not allowed for the stones and boulders are slippery.






HIKING TO THE FIRST JUMP POINT
It is around a 15 to 30 minutes walk, depending on the speed of your pace, towards the first jump point into Matutinao River where the ice-cool water of Kawasan falls cascades into a basin serving as a natural pool. The footpath is rough but the terrain is not that difficult. You will surely enjoy the lush green view of the mountain once you started trekking.









Click this link ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰for budget-friendly routes while traveling the Philippines











Canyoneering Adventure at Kawasan Falls, Badian, Cebu - Trekking to the First Jump Point.


MY FIRST JUMP  - 20 FEET
My heart is beating faster as I look down the canyon towards the clear blue river below where one will plunge in after jumping. Rannel my tour guide said it is only 10 feet but from the looks of it, I estimated it to be 20 feet. I positioned myself at the edge of the cliff, and Rannel counted 1 to 3, then commanded me to jump. But my first attempt was halted due to my imaginary fear. I let the two Koreans behind me to jump first. Then when its time for me to jump again, I positioned my shaky feet. All eyes are watching me. Without looking down, I jumped.



SLIDE HEAD FIRST


👉👉👉LOW-COST GROUP ACCOMMODATIONS Now AVAILABLE in CEBU CITY


Canyoneering Adventure at Kawasan Falls, Badian, Cebu - First Jump Point

MY SECOND JUMP - 15 FEET



Canyoneering Adventure at Kawasan Falls, Badian, Cebu - Second Jump Point

THIRD JUMP - 15 FEET





MY FOURTH JUMP - REVERSE
This is only around 6-8 feet in height.






Barbeque stalls in the middle part of the River




GRAND FINALE JUMP POINT - 40 FEET
Just by looking down at the height of this jump really shook my feet. The Koreans don't look down, they just jump. Well, the 80 feet jump point is now closed to the public.





SECONDARY LEVEL FALLS



Tarzan swing
Cheap accommodations are available everywhere in Cebu City, just click this link👉👉👉 to find a budget-friendly place to stay


Canyoneering Adventure at Kawasan Falls, Badian, Cebu


THE MAJESTIC KAWASAN FALLS
Enjoying the ice-cool blue water of Matutinao River where the Kawasan falls cascade down in a large water basin serving as a natural pool.




Panoramic view
























Sto. Tomas de Villanueva Parish Church

Our lunch at the Badian Public Market with puso - Cebu's steamed rice wrapped in coconut palm leaves and grilled chicken.
My canyoneering experience gave me an awesome and different kind of adrenaline rush for an adventure seeker like me. 

Book CHEAP FLIGHTS to Mactan-Cebu International Airport and discover the magnificent city of Cebu. 
Click this link for👉👉👉Popular things to do in Cebu City




No comments:

Post a Comment