Friday, April 23, 2021

Davao Butterfly House & Exotic Birds

January 17, 2019
Mabuhay!
This is a photo and video journal of my nature tripping travel at Davao City featuring my visit to Davao Butterfly House, a close encounter with magnificent wild animals.
Exotic Birds
When I visited Cebu Safari & Adventure Park, there is an aviary there that houses exotic birds like these. They are most likely from South America. I'm not really quite familiar with these birds but I believe I have already seen them.






Northern Cassowary



Ostrich Feeding
Ostrich feeding with your bare hands is really an awesome experience. When I was young, I tried feeding chickens with my bare hands but I am very much afraid thinking of the rooster might run after me.










CLICK the LINK to READ the related article👉👉 Second Business Trip to Iloilo City Day 1 & 2

Grey Headed Fish Eagle



Western Crowned Pigeon


Silver Pheasant





Serpent Eagle






Peafowl
Peacock


It is my first time to see a peacock in all its splendor. So glamorous.



Davao Butterfly House
If you want to have a close encounter with these graceful insects, it is a must that you visit Davao Butterfly House.

Upon paying your ticket at the counter, the attendant will ask you if you want to visit the butterfly house, if yes, they will stamp a mark on your hand & you can show it in the butterfly house for a free entrance.


Inside the greenhouse that houses a different variety of butterflies.


First time I see a tarantula - this big creepy spider.

Different variety of butterflies around the Philippines










Mushroom House








When walking back towards the Crocodile Park, aside from fresh air, you will not feel the heat of the sun because of these canopy of trees that shade a walking pedestrian.


The tour around the crocodile park is around 2 hours. In the butterfly & mushroom house, you will spend around 1 hour. My overall experience is quite good and I really recommend that you include visiting this place in your travel itinerary to Davao City. 









No comments:

Post a Comment