Sunday, December 25, 2016

CONSTRUCTION OF A HAPPY KITCHEN - A WEEKEND PROJECT

December 25, 2015
MABUHAY!

Today, we are celebrating Christmas day in the Philippines. I remember last year doing a very nice project. When we move into this house in 2013, I had a small empty space of 2.5meters X 6meters on the right side. Since the exit door is located there, I convinced my wife that this space will be a nice dirty kitchen to do her cooking and laundry as well. And so when I had saved enough money, I started the construction of the flooring and the concrete countertop and lavatory.

the existing dirty kitchen
Our existing  DIRTY KITCHEN 
The concrete sink
The concrete sink 

The concrete kitchen countertop
The concrete kitchen countertop
CLICK the LINK to READ the related article: From Scrap to Craft! Furniture made from Wooden Palette 

THE TILE WORKS
For 2 years, I was not able to work on this project. And when I saved enough money, I bought and install  600mm X 600mm Homogenous tiles for the countertop and splashboard.
The completed tile work with tile grout and PVC tile trim

The new look of the kitchen countertop
The new look of the kitchen countertop
CLICK the LINK to READ the related article: Tile Installation: Notched Trowel Comb Technique

THE CARPENTRY WORKS
I didn't revise the existing wood division anymore for the base cabinet wherein I put 6-panel doors and 6 drawers using 19mm thick X 4ft X 8 ft plyboard. For the hanging cabinets, I put 6-panel doors with 1 open shelf at the side and small open shelf at the bottom. I also used the same specification of plyboard. For the hardware, I used the concealed hinges and 20mm diameter stainless steel circular handle- satin finish.

Assembly of overhead cabinet
Assembly of overhead cabinet

Installation of doors & hardware
Installation of doors & hardware
CLICK the LINK to READ the related article: Work Inter Phase: Why Proper Coordination is Very Critical in Construction

THE PAINTING WORKS
For the paint, I used the flat wall enamel for the base coat, Quick Dry Enamel for the top coat. For the colors, I played the alternating effect of 3 primary colors, the royal blue, the lemon yellow, and the international red.


The newly painted overhead cabinet
The newly painted overhead cabinet with circular handles

The  newly painted base cabinet with drawers and handles
The  newly painted base cabinet with drawers and handles

CLICK the LINK to READ the related article: Quality Issue: Paint Peel-Off

FINISHED PRODUCT
The completed overhead cabinet
The completed overhead cabinet

The completed base cabinet
The completed base cabinet

FROM DIRTY KITCHEN TO HAPPY KITCHEN
The new look of our dirty kitchen
The new look of our dirty kitchen

LET THE JOY OF THE SEASON BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AS WELL, FROM YOUR BUILDER WISHING YOU -MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS! PEACE ON EARTH!


CLICK the LINK to READ the related article: Visit to Philconstruct 2018




No comments:

Post a Comment